- What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- Account. In order to use certain services that we offer via the App, you may be required to create an account (“Account“). If you create an Account you will be required to provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, phone number, as well as a password that you will use for your Account (“Account Information“). You may also choose to provide additional Personal Information as part of the Account registration process and in connection with your ongoing use of your Account. If you choose not to create an Account, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the Service.
- Third Party Accounts. You may choose to create an Account by clicking on a ‘connect’ or ‘sign-in’ button that we may display on the App for a designated third party website or service (each a “Third Party Account“) such as Facebook or Google accounts. Doing so will enable you to link your Service Account and your Third Party Account. If you choose this option, then you will be required to approve the connection as well as the types of information (which may include Personal Information) that we will obtain from your Third Party Account and the types of activities that we may perform in connection with your Third Party Account. Please note that in order to use this option, you will need to have, and may need to be signed-in to, an existing Third Party Account.
Regardless of which method you choose to register your Account, we may send you a text message to your mobile phone or an email to the email address you submit to instruct you how to confirm your registration.
- ‘Contact Us’ Information. If you send us a “Contact Us” request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as your name and email address mobile device type, mobile device id.
- Location Data. We may provide certain location-based services (“Location Services“) in connection with the App that are dependent on data related to the geographic location of your mobile device on which the App is installed (“Location Data“). If you choose to participate in these Location Services, you agree that we may collect or obtain your Location Data. You should be able to use the settings on your mobile device to turn off location-sharing features.
- Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Services, track users’ movement around the Services, and gather demographic information.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Our Services may utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies in order to for us to provide our Services and present you with information that is customized for you. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Services. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
- Mobile Device Data. We may collect limited information from your mobile device in order to provide the App. Such information may include your mobile device type, mobile device id, and date and time stamps of App use. In addition, we may deploy tracking technologies within the App to help us gather aggregate statistics, but we will not use Personal Information for such purposes.
- Publicly Available Information. Any content that you post on or via the Services (“User Submissions“) may be publicly available to other users of the Services, and may also be accessed and used by people off the Services. The notices and tools that we provide on the Services are intended to inform you which information will be made publicly available. If you publish your contact information in any User Submissions, you may receive unsolicited messages from other users of the Services. We, therefore, encourage you only to post information that you are sure you want to be accessible to anyone.
- The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Services, then we may use such Personal Information in the following ways, via any applicable communication channel, including e-mail, SMS, etc.:
- We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Services, to send you marketing/advertisement communications that we believe may be of interest to you, to contact you in connection with the Services, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Services that you are authorized to access.
- We may use your designated email address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the Services and our products; and/or (ii) respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request (for example, to change your password).
- We may share your Personal Information with therapists, physicians and other professionals (collectively, “Professionals“) (provided such Professionals are pre-approved by you), in order to provide you the Services.
- We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Services if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our EULA, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Celloscope, our users, yourself or the public.
- Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our Services and enhance your experience with the Services. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Services.
- Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Services-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Services.
- At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Services but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
- Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may use the tools that we make available on the Services or you may submit an access request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
- Children’s Privacy. The Services are not structured to attract children under the age of 16 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 16 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
- Our California Do Not Track Notice.
We do not track consumers over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track signals. We do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Services.
- Deletion of Content from California Residents. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or Personal Information and you specify which content or Personal Information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or Personal Information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of content.
Last updated: September 25, 2019